Challenge: For COP14 which was a United Nations Convention, the stage was global, and the occasion demand a larger-than-life setting, surroundings, facilities, and a memorable experience for all senses. Deepali rose to the occasion as it does always! All executed - from start to finish in just 13 days.
- The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification had participation from 200 countries, 100 ministers, and some 8000 delegates.
- Since it was a high-stakes event, the Prime Minister, environment minister of the country and UN delegates were expected to grace the occasion.
- No stone was left unturned as the prestige of the country was at stake.
- From the creation of 26 sound-proof halls, an India Pavilion, food court, and signage to branding and visually appealing aesthetics – everything was meticulously planned and implemented.
- Evenings were enlivened by music and dance from member countries and indeed from the rich and lesser-known heritage of the host country as well
- Flawless conception, planning down to the last detail, and execution that took care of world-class needs. From transport to security needs for VVIPs, sound and light and high-tech IT systems, webcasts and décor
- Simultaneous interpretation services in multiple world languages, catering sensitivities, global outlook, networking, and sound-proof breakout sessions were planned and implemented to the optimum levels.
Outcome: We were able to ensure the highest participation ever – among the last three COPs – a tribute to the calling teams, hospitality, and the back-end personnel who worked tirelessly to make it all come together as one.